Wood Planer | Noise reduction methods and specific measures when using woodworking planers and knives
Wood PlanerThere are many types of woodworking planers, mainly flat planers, single-sided planers and multi-sided planers, etc., but the noise generation mechanism of woodworking planers is basically the same, which is caused by the high-speed rotating planer agitating the air, so the method of noise reduction is also basically Similar, mainly include:
(1) Adjust the static balance and dynamic balance of the planer shaft. To improve the balance accuracy of the cutter shaft components, it is necessary not only to statically balance the cutter shaft components, but also to perform dynamic balance; when balancing, not only the cutter shaft body should be balanced, but also the blade, the pressure iron, the adjustment device and the pinning screw. At the same time, the balance of the pulley that rotates at high speed with the cutter shaft should be considered, that is to say, all parts on the cutter shaft should be assembled before balancing; when the blade is blunt and regrind, it should be weighed to avoid sharpening. Sometimes the blades grind more or less, causing new imbalances.
(2) The shaving guide device under the front edge of the worktable, the front edge of the worktable is made into a comb shape, and the muffler groove is milled on the rear cover plate of the cutter shaft. The use of a closed knife shaft and the opening of a muffler groove on the rear cutting plate can reduce the agitation of the knife shaft to the air when it rotates at high speed, thus reducing noise; opening a muffler groove on the rear cutting plate can reduce noise2 —3 dB(A).
(3) Adopt helical cutter shaft. The planing knives currently used in woodworking planers are mostly straight-edged planers. The contact between the blade of the straight-line planer and the wood to be planed is a form of linear contact. When planing, the entire width of the blade cuts the wood quickly, and then separates, so the blade is There is a greater impact on the wood, and the resulting noise is also high. The contact between the blade of the spiral planer and the wood during planing is a form of point contact, and the cutting is continuous, so the impact on the wood during cutting is very small, and the noise generated is also low. The structure can reduce cutting noise by about 10 dB(A).
(4) Damping and sound-absorbing the belt cover. The belt cover of the woodworking planer is a large sound radiating surface, so it needs to be transformed. The commonly used damping materials are asbestos wool, and the sound-absorbing materials are foam plastic, etc. , when the damping material is brushed 3 times thicker than the cover, the effect is better.
(5) Improve the installation structure of the motor. The motor of the woodworking planer is usually installed at the bottom of the fuselage, and the tension is adjusted with 6 M12×120 screws. If it is changed to a floating type, the self-weight of the motor and the bottom plate can not only improve the rigidity, but also reduce the vibration, and the noise can be reduced by 1.5 dB(A).
(6) The speed of the combined tool can be reduced to below 1 000r/min without affecting the planing quality.